Last Updated on November 10, 2023 by Jerome Donovan
The UK is currently hiring, with many seasonal jobs in the UK for foreigners from any country. You can take advantage of this opportunity to gain experience in the UK, as well as even become a permanent resident. These seasonal jobs are open again for 2024, so you have to apply now before it is too late. In the UK, there is a work-life balance. Many employers care so much about the worker’s welfare, thanks to strict government laws that protect you as an employee. All you have to do is begin your application process after you apply for jobs that are listed on this page.
Can I Apply Seasonal Work from Outside UK?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need a job offer in the UK for seasonal horticulture work or poultry production from an approved sponsor.
- You need a valid certificate of sponsorship from your employer detailing your role.
- You should have at least £1,270 in funds for 28 days or have an employer who can cover this amount for your first month in the UK.
- Payment of the visa application fee and Immigration Health Charge is necessary.
- You must not fall under any general grounds for refusal.
Types of Work and Duration
- Horticulture Work. You can stay for up to six months in any 12 months.
- Poultry Production Work. The stay is limited from October 2nd to December 31st each year.
- No Route to Settlement. This visa doesn’t lead to permanent residency, and dependents cannot accompany you.
Seasonal Jobs in the UK for Foreigners 2024
There are many seasonal jobs in the UK for foreigners to apply for as long as you qualify and have your papers.
|Job Title||Location & Details|
|SEASONAL PARK WARDENS||Flower of May Holiday Parks, Scarborough YO11. Full-time. Apply by 31st December 2024.|
|Seasonal Worker||Gist Ltd, Motherwell ML1. £10.85 – £14.65/hour. Full-time, Day shift.|
|Seasonal Ecologists||Pell Frischmann, Hybrid remote in Luton. Full-time.|
|Seasonal Warehouse Operative||Ocado Group, London. £11.05/hour. Temporary contract, Overtime.|
|Stockroom Assistant (Seasonal)||HMV Group, Birmingham B4. Weekend availability.|
|Seasonal Stockroom Assistant||The White Company, London.|
|Warehouse Operative – Website||Harry Corry Ltd, Belfast. £10.64/hour. Part-time, Monday to Friday.|
|Seasonal Educator||Lululemon, Edinburgh. Weekend availability.|
|Internship Programme||Deutsche Bank, London. Internship in Investment Bank: Corporate Finance.|
|Crew Member||CalMac Ferries Limited, Gourock. £40,869/year. 1 week on/off shift pattern.|
|Part-Time Seasonal Editor||Glossier, London. Part-time, Weekend availability.|
|Deck Ratings||CalMac Ferries Limited, Eilean Siar. £42,942/year. Seasonal (March 2024 – October 2024).|
|Seasonal Till Operator||D Stewart & Son Ltd, Christchurch. Saturdays only.|
|Warehouse Operative||Muller Group, Droitwich WR9. £13.64/hour. Full-time, Day shift. 1-month contract (30 Nov 2024 – 2 Jan 2024).|
|Seasonal Sales Advisor||The White Company, Chester.|
Seasonal Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship 2024
- Gardener – Clarion Housing Group, London
- Salary: £26,208 – £29,108 per year
- Full-time, Permanent
- Role: Perform routine maintenance at properties, including care for grassed areas, flower gardens, plants, hedges, and patio areas.
- Requirements: Full valid manual UK driving license, knowledge of plants, and good communication skills.
- Food Service Team Member – Leeds City Council, Leeds
- Salary: £19,033 – £20,033 per year
- Role: Work closely with kitchen staff to deliver new and exciting food offerings using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Requirements: Not specified.
- Communications and Engagement Officer – Leeds City Council, Leeds
- Salary: £11.30 an hour
- Role: Handle marketing, social media, internal and external communications, volunteer coordination, and event organization.
- Requirements: Not specified.
- Aircraft Mechanic – KLM UK Engineering, Norwich NR6
- Salary: £34,000 per year
- Role: Accurate documentation of all work performed on aircraft.
- Requirements: Right to work in the UK without Visa Sponsorship.
- Activity Coordinator – Fairlie Healthcare Group, Purley CR8
- Salary: £11.25 – £11.75 an hour
- Permanent, Monday to Friday
- Role: Coordinate various activities, requiring enthusiasm to work in all conditions.
- Requirements: Full right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Carriageworks Arts and Promotions Officer – Leeds City Council, Leeds
- Salary: £24,496 – £26,845 per year
- Permanent, Hybrid remote
- Role: Expected to work flexibly, with excellent IT skills including web-based technology.
How to Find a Seasonal Job in UK
First, let’s begin by saying that seasonal jobs in the UK for foreigners, though temporary, offer various advantages:
- They’re great for learning new skills that are useful year-round.
- These roles can add valuable experience to your resume.
- They allow you to test out different jobs or sectors.
- If you’re already employed, they can be a way to experience different roles within your company.
- They provide an opportunity to earn extra income.
- Working temporarily for a UK company can help you establish connections and potentially lead to permanent positions.
Common Seasonal Jobs
Typical seasonal roles include bar staff, beauty consultants, delivery drivers, sales assistants, waiters, and warehouse workers. Retail, delivery, and hospitality are key sectors for seasonal employment, especially during busy periods like Christmas and summer.
When to Apply
It’s best to apply a few months in advance. For instance, start looking for Christmas jobs around October. However, don’t worry if you’re late; many businesses continue to advertise positions closer to the season.
How to Search for Seasonal Jobs
- Use the government’s ‘find a job’ service for job listings and apply.
- Check both large and small company websites for listings.
- Explore local shopping centers, garden centers, and community social media groups for job ads.
- Keep an eye on local shop windows for job postings and don’t hesitate to submit your CV directly.
Tips for Job Hunting
- Regular Checks. Monitor job websites frequently, as some jobs are advertised for a short period.
- Local Focus. Look for jobs in local shopping and garden centers, especially for roles like Christmas grotto staff or customer service.
- Community Engagement. Use local social media groups to find or post about job opportunities.
- Proactive Approach. Drop your CV in local shops that display job ads.
How Do I Get Sponsored for Seasonal Visa UK?
To get sponsored for a seasonal worker visa in the UK, you need to be at least 18 years old and meet two key requirements. First, you must have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor.
This isn’t a physical certificate but a unique number that contains details about your job and personal information. Your sponsor will provide you with this number, and you’ll need to include it in your visa application. Remember, this number can only be used once and is valid for three months from when it’s assigned to you.
You also need to have enough money to support yourself while in the UK. Generally, you should have at least £1,270 in your bank account. This amount needs to have been in your account for at least 28 consecutive days, and the 28th day should be within 31 days of applying for the visa. You’ll usually have to show proof of this money unless your sponsor agrees to cover your costs for the first month, up to £1,270. In this case, your sponsor must complete the ‘sponsor certifies maintenance’ section on your certificate of sponsorship.
How Much Does a Seasonal Worker Make in the UK?
If you need seasonal jobs in the UK for foreigners, you can expect a varied income depending on various factors like location, type of work, and experience. On average, a seasonal worker earns about £29,763 annually. This figure translates to roughly £2,480 per month, £572 per week, or £14.71 per hour. The lowest reported annual salary for a seasonal worker is around £24,140, while the highest can go up to £37,451.
These figures are based on a detailed analysis of 1,329 real wages and current job market trends. The salary range can vary greatly depending on where you work in the UK.
For instance, some of the highest-paying locations for seasonal workers include Westminster, Islington, and Archway in Greater London, where the annual salary can reach up to £67,000.
How Much is a Seasonal Work Visa in the UK?
This visa, previously known as the Temporary Worker-Seasonal Worker visa (T5), is designed for those with a job offer in the UK to work in roles like fruit and vegetable picking. However, it doesn’t cover poultry work, pork butchery, or driving heavy-goods vehicles for food transport.
To be eligible, you must be over 18, have a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer, and show you have at least £1,270 for self-support, unless your UK sponsor covers this for the first month. The visa application process involves filling out an online form, uploading necessary documents, and paying a fee of £259. You’ll also need to book an appointment at a visa application center to provide your biometrics.
The Seasonal Worker Visa is valid for 6 months, and you can’t extend it or switch to it from another visa route while in the UK. It’s important to note that this visa doesn’t allow you to bring dependents, have a permanent job, or access public funds. Also, it doesn’t lead to indefinite leave to remain in the UK.