Last Updated on November 13, 2023 by Jerome Donovan
If you are planning to move to London for jobs, then you are making the right decision. There are many jobs here, including office cleaning jobs in London. In the UK, generally, the cleaning industry offers many opportunities, from entry-level positions to owning a cleaning business. The annual salary for office cleaners also depends on your experience, employment status, and location.
As an apprentice, you can earn around £5.28 per hour. If you are a newly qualified cleaner with a bit more experience, you can make approximately £7.49 per hour. However, as an employed cleaner, i.e., those employed by companies, you can earn about £10.42 per hour.
Can I Work as a Cleaner in UK?
You can work as a cleaner in the UK, specifically in London. The annual salary for office cleaners in the UK starts at about £9,271 for an apprentice to around £62,085 for a limited company owner. The rate is determined hourly.
- Apprentices earn approximately £5.28 per hour.
- Newly qualified cleaners make about £7.49 per hour.
- Employed cleaners have an hourly rate of around £10.42.
Self-employed cleaners, either as sole traders or limited company owners, can earn significantly more. Being self-employed, either as a sole trader or a limited company owner, allows you to set your own rates. You can take home around £28,322 annually.
Your earnings also depend on your cleaner’s location, with salaries typically higher in areas like London compared to other regions. For self-employed cleaners, business expenses such as vehicle costs, fuel, tools, and insurance must be considered.
Office Cleaning Jobs in London
Here’s a list of some office cleaning jobs in London for foreigners. So, if you are coming into London, you have already have many cleaning job offers waiting for you.
1. Day Office Cleaner at Bouygues Energies & Services UK, Westminster
Full-time, Monday to Friday. General cleaning duties in a government department. Requires previous cleaning experience and UK residency for security clearance.
2. Office Cleaner Night Shift at ABM, London
Full-time, night shift. Requires experienced cleaning operatives with attention to detail for office and workstation cleaning.
3. Housekeeping Office Coordinator at Hilton, London W1K
Full-time, £14/hour. Involves administrative duties, controlling staff dry cleaning, and guest laundry.
4. Office Cleaners Required at Minster Cleaning, Slough
Part-time. Offers permanent contracts and competitive pay. Various part-time or full-time opportunities.
5. Commercial Office Cleaner at Minster Cleaning, Surrey
Part-time, £10.42/hour. Cleaning in Surrey and surrounding areas.
6. Area Manager – Contract Office Cleaning at Swift Cleaning, London
Full-time, £28,000/year. Managing appointments with customers and cleaners, ensuring high cleanliness standards.
7. Senior Executive Assistant at Department for Energy Security & Net Zero, Remote in London
Full-time, £31,120 – £37,260/year. Civil service role requiring 5 years’ UK residency.
8. Office Cleaner at BE Offices, London EC2Y
Part-time, £12.50/hour. Involves maintaining hygiene standards and cleaning duties.
9. Morning Office Cleaner at Bison, London
Full-time, from £12.50/hour. Cleaning floors and rooms, Monday to Friday.
10. Office Cleaner at Anna Cleanings, London
Full-time, £1,850 – £2,100/month. Long-term collaboration, various job types available.
11. Part Time Office Cleaner at Pioneer Quality Services Limited, London W1F
Part-time, £13/hour. Initiative-based cleaning, professional demeanor required.
12. Office Cleaner at Multi Trades Recruitment Limited, London
Part-time, £11.68/hour. Cleaning touch points, desks, office floor space. Requires 2 years of experience.
13. Evening Office Cleaner at Sonnic Cleaning Services Ltd., London
Part-time, £11/hour. Office cleaning experience preferred.
14. Morning Cleaner at Cannon Cleaning Ltd, London
Part-time, £11.50/hour. 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
15. Office Cleaner (part-time) at Wetton Cleaning Services Ltd, Tower Hamlets E1
Part-time, £11.95/hour. Previous cleaning experience preferred, training provided.
These jobs offer a range of part-time and full-time opportunities, with various pay rates and requirements. They are suitable for individuals with different levels of experience in cleaning.
Part Time Office Cleaning Jobs in London
- Part-Time Cleaner at Equans, London. £11.50/hour for 10 hours/week. Responsibilities include maintaining cleanliness and hygiene. Requires previous cleaning experience and customer service skills.
- Hospital Cleaner at Cleveland Clinic London. Offers both full-time and part-time roles. Focuses on specialized medical care, with an emphasis on high standards of cleanliness.
- Cleaner at Iceland, East London: £9.50 – £10.42/hour. Offers flexible part-time hours and a variety of shift patterns.
- Domestic Cleaner/Housekeeper at Maid2Clean, Finsbury Park. £12.50/hour. Choose your own part-time hours and clients in Finsbury Park. Requires experience in cleaning.
- Friendly Cleaners at Maid2clean, London. From £11/hour. Self-employed cleaners needed, with flexible hours in the City of London area.
- Cleaner at London Stansted Airport. £24,605/year. Full-time and part-time roles available, including specific shifts for female applicants.
- Cleaner at Maid2Clean Middlesex & London, Kensington and Chelsea. £11 – £14/hour. Full-time and part-time options, with flexible job selection and support from the office.
- Home Cleaners at Maid2clean, Bethnal Green. From £12/hour. Part-time domestic cleaners needed, with a higher rate for one-off cleans.
- Cleaner at Bidvest Noonan, London EC3A. £10.42/hour. Part-time with a focus on organizational and time-management skills.
- Male Cleaner at Virgin Active, London W11. £10.57/hour. Part-time role at a fitness center, emphasizing active lifestyle and service.
- Home Cleaners – Part-Time at Maid2clean, Lewisham. From £13.15/hour. Seeking cleaners for local area clients, with a focus on meeting high standards.
- Morning Part-Time Bus Cleaner at Bidvest Noonan, London SE14. £11.95/hour. Role involves cleaning buses in the morning, requiring comfort in working alone or in a team.
- Flexible Cleaning & Housekeeping at Maid2clean, Stratford. From £13.15/hour. Offers flexibility in cleaning jobs, suitable for those looking for additional income.
- Cleaner at Compass Group, London WC1E. £11.95/hour. Part-time role in cleaning and facilities, contracted to 20 hours per week.
- Housekeepers/Cleaners in Peckham at Maid2clean. From £11/hour. Professional and trustworthy cleaners needed, paid directly by clients on the day of clean.
How Much Do Office Cleaners Get Paid in London?
Office cleaning jobs in London require cleaning places like upholstery or the exteriors of buildings. So, what is the office cleaning jobs in London salary like?
- Starting Salary – Around £15,000 per year.
- With Experience – You can earn up to £21,000 per year.
- Typical Hours – 32 to 43 hours per week.
- Flexibility – You might need to work evenings, weekends, or split shifts.
There are different paths to becoming a cleaner. You might start with basic cleaning and then specialize in a certain area, or you might enter the field through an apprenticeship.
What Can a Cleaner Do In 2 Hours UK?
In a 2-hour cleaning session, an office cleaner in London, UK, can accomplish several tasks, although they can’t clean the entire office. The typical activities include folding laundry, mopping floors, wiping kitchen surfaces, basic hoovering, emptying bins, and cleaning the toilet. Note that this isn’t a deep clean but rather a quick, efficient tidying up of the most used areas.
To make the most of a 2-hour cleaning session, prepare the office by decluttering and making cleaning equipment accessible. Make a checklist of tasks and prioritize certain rooms or areas for efficiency. Remember, regular cleaning is different from deep cleaning, which is more thorough and time-consuming. For a comprehensive office cleaning, a separate deep cleaning session might be necessary.
Do You Need Qualifications to Be a Cleaner UK?
No, you do not need any advanced qualifications to be a cleaner in the UK, or specifically in London. When you apply for office cleaning jobs in London, you are responsible for general cleaning tasks in offices or even shops.
You may also do specialized office cleaning tasks. There are often no specific qualifications needed to become a cleaner in London. However, some people learn on the job. You can also choose to get training through organizations like The British Institute of Cleaning Science. Your role in office cleaning jobs in London doesn’t typically require formal education, but skills such as attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and physical stamina are important.